Here's how you can protect your RCM process.
Hospital and physician groups voiced strong concerns in a recent survey regarding staffing shortages (Becker's Hospital Review). Nearly half of the revenue cycle leaders that responded indicated they are experiencing severe labor shortages. While 76% believe that this will improve by the end of 2022, could this be the new norm? If so, what do providers need to do in order to adapt?
- Optimize existing processes
- Streamline: Create a system that works for your staff. Workflow solutions like automation and decision support systems can help speed up your back office’s processes and make onboarding easier.
- Eliminate waste: File away what you’re no longer using, go paperless, and change systems that aren’t increasing workflow efficiency for your team.
- Reduce touches: Use workflow management solutions like intelligent work queues to avoid multiple touches and make sure work is sent to only the staff members it needs to go to.
- Conduct business electronically wherever possible
- Become accustomed to e-referrals (electronic referrals)
- Get rid of your paper-based system where files are stacking up and potentially getting lost. Have everything exist on the computer. When you go paperless, it makes a world of difference to be able to easily access these digitally:
- Partner with an RCM provider to "plug in" help directly where it is needed
Speak to our experts today to discuss some of the many ways Prochant is here for you during these difficult times:
- Operational Workflow Analysis: Ask our team about our new hybrid consultation and self-service system—Prochant Pulse—for smaller providers or providers who want more day-to-day control. Contact us about this service here.
- Focused Solutions: Outsource where you need it most. Prochant’s revenue cycle experts become a seamless extension of your team to address your main pain points and concerns. Learn more here.
- End-to-End Solutions: Outsource your entire back office. Prochant’s experts will manage all of your insurance billing, collections, and cash posting. Learn more here.
Prochant has DME/HME and pharmacy clients from all over the country and handles front-end and back-end billing functions. Our scalable solutions, years of experience, and advanced technology provide best-in-class results to the healthcare community. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, our client base includes national HME and pharmacy providers and health systems.